Creating your first Plesk server
If you plan to offer Plesk shared or reseller hosting in your product offering, the first step is to add Plesk server details to WHMCS.
First we need to create an API token from the server. To do this:
1. Login to Plesk and change to the Service Provider view.
2. Navigate to Hosting Services >> Resellers
3. Click Add New Reseller
3. Enter your desired reseller details, username and password. Select the desired Service Plan to be applied.
4. Click OK
Now we are ready to add the server to WHMCS.
1. Login to your WHMCS Admin area
2. Navigate to Setup > Products/Services > Servers
3. Click on Add New Server.
On this screen, enter the following information:
- Enter the server name,
- Specify your server’s Hostname and IP Address
- Specify your server’s Nameserver Information
- Select the server type Plesk from the dropdown menu
- Enter your Plesk Reseller username into the username field
- Enter the Plesk Reseller password into the password field
After all of the details are properly inserted, click on the Test Connection button to ensure WHMCS is able to communicate.
You should see a Successful! message. If not, please double check all of the inserted details.
Custom Port: If you have a non-standard (8443) port for Plesk, you should enter the port number in the Access Hash section of the Server setupZoom:
Once the test is successful, you are ready to click Save Changes.
You will then be brought back to the Servers screen and should see the newly created server in the list!Zoom: