Creating your first cPanel Server
We have produced a video guide covering creating your first cPanel in WHMCS.
Scroll down to read the illustrated guide below.
If you plan to offer cPanel shared or reseller hosting in your product offering, the first step is to add cPanel server details to WHMCS.
First we need to create an API token from the server. To do this:
1. Login to WHM and navigate to Development >> Manage API Tokens.
2. Click Generate Token.
3. Enter your desired token name. We recommended making this easy to identify. For this example, we will use WHMCS.
4. Assign all of the necessary permissions. To allow access, simply tick the box next to the permission – to remove it, clear the tick box. You may find the full list of required permissions here.
5. Once you are happy with the permissions, click Save.Zoom:
The next screen displayed will show the API token. Please copy this down, we will need it to complete the next steps.Zoom:
Now we are ready to add the server to WHMCS.
1. Login to your WHMCS Admin area
2. Navigate to Setup > Products/Services > Servers
3. Click on Add New Server.
On this screen, enter the following information:
- Enter the server name
- Specify your server Hostname and IP Address
- Specify your server Nameserver information
- Select the server type cPanel from the dropdown menu
- Enter your WHM username into the username field
- Enter the API Token you copied from the step above
If you are unsure of these details, please reach out to your Web Host or Server Admin who will be able to advise which details to use.Zoom:
After all of the details are properly inserted, click on the Test Connection button to ensure WHMCS is able to communicate.
You should see a Successful! message. If not, please double check all of the inserted details.
Once the test is successful, you are ready to click Save Changes.
You will then be brought back to the Servers screen and should see the newly created server in the list!